We observe the highest standards of practice in all our activities and we are committed to protecting all the personal information we collect whether through our website, in person, over the telephone or in any application form you submit to us.
We will treat all your personal information as private and confidential. None of the personal information you provide to us, in any form, will be disclosed to anyone other than as permitted by law or as described below.
We collect, use and are responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so we are subject to the General Data Protection Regulation, which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom) and any other applicable data protection laws in the United Kingdom. Apart from our payroll services where we act as 'processor', we are responsible for your personal information as ‘controller’ of that personal information for the purposes of those laws.
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your relationship with us.
Who we are
Any reference to “we” or “us” means Ultimate Finance Group Limited with company registration number 04350565 and its registered office at First Floor, Equinox North, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol BS32 4QL and its subsidiaries which include:
- Ultimate Finance Limited
- Ultimate Business Finance Limited
- Ultimate Asset Finance Limited
- Ashley Finance Limited
- Ashley Business Finance Limited
Personal information we collect about you
We collect and process different kinds of personal information about individuals including: the directors/members at our clients or prospective clients, clients who may be sole traders or partners of a partnership; our clients or prospective clients employees, customers and suppliers; and candidates who apply for a job with us, which we have grouped together as follows:
- Identity Data - including name, right to work in the UK, nationality, username or similar identifier, marital status, title, date of birth and gender.
- Contact Data - including telephone number (home and mobile), home address and email address.
- Employment & Education Data - including employment history, references and education.
- Financial Data - including bank account data, financial records, debt information and credit card information.
- Transaction Data - including details about payments between you and us and details of any products or services we provide to you.
- Technical Data - including IP address, your login data, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data - including any usernames and passwords which you create for your service accounts, any preferences you express to us and any feedback you provide to us.
- Usage Data - including information about how you use our website and our products.
- Marketing and Communications Data - including your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties and your communication preferences.
We do not usually collect any Special Categories of personal information, such as information about your health, political beliefs or sexual orientation. We will notify you at the point of collection if we do need any Special Categories of personal information.
We may only process information relating to criminal convictions or criminal records where the law allows us to do so. This will usually be where it is necessary in relation to legal claims, where it is necessary to protect your interests (or someone else's interests) and you are not capable of giving your consent or where the information is publicly available. We do not conduct DBS checks, however, as part of our pre lending process we do carry out searches with agencies such as Experian to establish creditworthiness and to detect fraud. Such searches may reveal some publicly available information about criminal records or convictions.
If you do not provide the personal information we request
Where we need to collect personal information by law or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that personal information when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, to provide you with one of our products). In this case, we may have to cancel a product you have with us but we will notify you at the time if this is the case.
How we will collect your information
We collect information about you in a number of ways including through:
- Direct Interactions - You may provide us with Identity, Contact, Employment & Education, Financial, Marketing and Communications Data through any applications you make to us or through communications with us; whether by post, phone, email, through our website or otherwise. This includes: product applications, creating accounts, filling in contact us forms, providing feedback, job applications, telephone queries or completing surveys. It also includes ID documents including passports, driving licences and utility bills you provide to us.
- Automated Technologies or Interactions - As you interact with our website we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal information by using server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive Technical Data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies or by interacting with us through third party platforms such as Twitter, Facebook LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Third Parties or Publicly Available Sources - We may receive personal information about you from various third parties and publicly available sources including: (i) Contact, Financial and Transaction Data form sources such as lawyers, accountants, banks and credit reference agencies based inside the EEA; (ii) Technical Data from analytics providers such as Google based outside the EEA; (iii) Identity and Contact Data from publicly available sources such as Companies House, the Land Registry and the Electoral Register based inside the EEA and (iv) Identity, Contract, Employment & Education Data from recruitment agencies or previous employers.
How and why we will use your information
Under data protection laws we can only use your personal information if we have a proper legal basis for doing so. Most commonly we will use your personal information in the following circumstances:
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations;
- for the performance of our contract with you or to take steps at your request before entering into a contract;
- for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party); or
- where you have given consent.
Where we are relying on consent as the legal basis for processing your personal information you have the right to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us at UFG-DataProtection-Mailbox@ultimatefinance.co.uk.
A legitimate interest is when we have a business or commercial reason to use your information, so long as this is not overridden by your own fundamental rights and interests.
Purposes for which we will use your personal information
We may use the personal information held about you for various purposes and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so are set out in the following table:
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal information uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Marketing from us
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you (we call this marketing).
You will receive marketing communications from us if you have requested information from us or purchased products from us and, in each case, you have not opted out of receiving that marketing.
We do not share your personal information with any company outside the Ultimate Finance Group for marketing purposes but if we decide to do so in the future we will get your express opt-in consent.
If you do not want to receive marketing communications from us please submit a request to unsubscribe by (a) emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or (b) clicking on the unsubscribe link in the next marketing email you receive from us. Once you unsubscribe you will not receive any further marketing communications from us. You will continue to receive communications from us via email if it relates directly to a service or product we provide to you.
Who we may share your personal information with
We may disclose your information to the following third parties:
- Other members of Ultimate Finance Group, all of which are located in the United Kingdom.
- Credit reference or fraud prevention agencies within the EEA to:
- undertake a search in order to verify your identity (and a record of this search will be retained);
- check the details and information you have supplied to us against any database, public or otherwise;
- assist other companies with verification and identification;
- to identify and prevent fraud, money laundering and other criminal activity;
- to protect our business; and
- to comply with laws.
- Law enforcement agencies within the EEA.
- Other financial services companies within the EEA (to help prevent, detect and prosecute unlawful acts and fraudulent behaviour).
- Third party service providers including IT service providers based both inside and outside the EEA.
- Our bankers in order to comply with their regulatory and legal obligations and to provide financing to the Ultimate Finance Group.
- Our professional advisors including our lawyers, accountants and consultants so that they can provide services to us and/or advise us accurately in relation to any agreement we may have with a client.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, to establish or defend any legal claims or to enforce any terms of any contracts entered into between you and us.
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- Third party service providers who assist us with establishing and managing our employment relationship with you, including provides your manage payroll services, our pension scheme operators and life, private medical and private health insurance companies.
- Where you have confirmed to us that you are happy for us to do so.
Transfer of information
We may transfer your personal information abroad to other countries outside of the UK. If we so do we will ensure that a similar degree of protection is afforded to your information by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal information to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal information by the European Commission.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal information the same protection it has in Europe.
- Where we use providers based in the US, we may transfer data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield which requires them to provide similar protection to personal information shared between the Europe and the US.
Your rights in relation to your personal information
Your duty to inform us of changes
It is important that the personal information we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your personal information changes during your working relationship with us.
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal information, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact UFG-DataProtection-Mailbox@ultimatefinance.co.uk.
No fee usually required
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
Right to withdraw consent
In the limited circumstances where you may have provided your consent to the collection, processing and transfer of your personal information for a specific purpose, you have the right to withdraw your consent for that specific processing at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact UFG-DataProtection-Mailbox@ultimatefinance.co.uk. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your information for the purpose or purposes you originally agreed to, unless we have another legitimate basis for doing so in law.
We have put in place measures to protect the security of your information. Details of these measures are available upon request.
Third parties will only process your personal information on our instructions and where they have agreed to treat the information confidentially and to keep it secure.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Details of retention periods for different aspects of your personal information are available in our retention schedule which is available from UFG-DataProtection-Mailbox@ultimatefinance.co.uk. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal information, the purposes for which we process your personal information and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal information so that it can no longer be associated with you, in which case we may use such information without further notice to you. Once you are no longer a customer we will retain and securely destroy your personal information in accordance with our data retention policy.
Candidates who apply for a job with us
If you send us your CV but your application is unsuccessful you consent to us keeping a copy of it in our records for 6 months so that we can consider you should another role become available which we feel may be suitable for you. Your CV will be permanently deleted after 6 months. If you would rather we did not do this please do let us know when you submit your CV to us.
Need to speak to us?
You can email us at UFG-DataProtection Mailbox@ultimatefinance.co.uk