Remote, Manchester, Leeds
To underwrite new business and existing clients review in line with the company’s underwriting mandates ensuring bad debts are maintained within budgeted levels.
A unique roaming role with particular focus on supporting our Northern Sales and Relationship Management Teams in respective new business origination and existing business retention and protection.
Will necessitate a strong desire to actively engage in prospect and clients visit/interaction alongside, swiftly adapting the UFG deal team approach and acting as an ambassador for UFG at key and strategic third party events.
Assisting in facilitating smooth transfer of clients between sales and operations.
Engaging and dealing with key stakeholders, peers and colleagues right across the Group to assist in the delivery of the vision the Group has set.
Development and improvement of outstanding standards of customer service both internally and externally.
To support the Group Head of Credit in ensuring the credit approach is forward thinking, evolving in line with the marketplace we operate in and continually seeking to deliver a market leading delivery, embracing new technology and thinking.
- Perform underwriting diligence, including industry research, company research, identifying performance drivers, projecting future performance and viability.
- Being an strong advocate of the UFG deal team ethic by way of an active and infused presence in various external meetings with focus to support sales origination alongside protection of the book.
- Structure facility proposals based on the quality of the collateral alongside financial strength of the prospect.
- To maintain and uphold the highest levels of customer service.
- To assist in the development, implementation and management of new products and approaches.
- To provide coaching, advice, development and guidance to the sales team regarding how best to structure New Business Reports.
- To help develop, understand, promote and educate staff in all products offered by the group.
- To be involved in any project work as required.
- To continually promote the Group’s core values.
- To undertake all reasonable tasks as requested from time to time.
- Timely decision making on facilities within your own mandate within agreed service levels.
- Provision of recommendations and supporting paperwork for all facilities above your own mandate in fast, efficient and robust fashion.
- Foster cross-functional team building.
- Ensure compliance in credit policy and procedures.
- Partners with relationship Managers to cultivate client relationships. Exhibit a sense of urgency towards meeting client requests while also meeting acceptable risk parameters.
Characteristics & Behaviours
- Strong communicator
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Committed & confident
- Values driven
- Customer focussed & people centric
Key skills and knowledge
- Invoice Finance/ Asset Based Lending experience with particular reference to audit & survey, relationship management and sanctioning.
- Robust credit assessment and analytical skills.
- Strong understanding of invoice finance related risks and possible solutions to be applied.
- Strong decision making and influencing skills.
- UK Finance IF/ABL Diploma or equivalent industry related qualification preferred.
- Knowledge and use of Risk Factor would be advantageous.
- An in-depth understanding of the security against which we are being asked to provide funding.
- An understanding of Statutory Accounts and an ability to analyse and report on.
- An understanding of contracts and their ability to impact on the collectability of debt.
- A commercial outlook when considering proposals.
- An ability to structure a proposal into a deal acceptable to all parties.
- A knowledge of all products offered within the Group and an understanding of the risks associated therewith.
Apply for this role
Send your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment team via email todayApply for this role
*If you send us your CV but your application is unsuccessful, you consent to us keeping a copy of your CV on our records for 6 months. This is so that we can consider you should another role become available which we feel may be suitable for you. Your CV will be permanently deleted after 6 months. If you would rather we did not do this then please do let us know when you submit your CV to us.