Lutterworth / Nationwide
To assist in generating new business opportunities for Ultimate Asset Finance in conjunction with the Regional Directors via the broker channel source.
To underwrite new deals in line with the company’s underwriting mandates. You will assist in facilitating smooth transfer of clients between sales and operations. Assisting with research and development of new product lines and promoting UFG favourably within all associated sectors.
The individual will be liaising with the internal UAF team, as well as the wider Ultimate team, the sales team, brokers and clients on a regular basis, working under their own initiative and urgency to ensure successful engagement.
The position will have expectations that our core values of Decency, Enterprise and Brilliance are met at all times.
- To review a new business proposal and comment on their impact regarding our funding risk.
- To undertake Financial Analysis of proposals including consolidated Financials and be able to present a summary and conclusion of strengths or weaknesses.
- To provide assistance to the sales team regarding how best to structure New Business Reports.
- To maintain and uphold the highest levels of customer service.
- To help develop, understand, promote and educate staff in UAF products.
- To be familiar with Ultimate’s product range
- Identify new business opportunities and provide qualified leads for the Regional Directors.
- Attend networking events and exhibitions when required
- To offer Sentinel assistance as and when required
- Manage UAF database to high degree of accuracy
- To identify relevant cross sell opportunities
- To carry out client and competitor market or customer research as and when required
Characteristics & Behaviours
The key behaviours required for this role are:
- Strong communicator
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Committed & confident
- Values driven
- Customer focussed & people centric
Key skills and knowledge
- An understanding of Statutory Accounts.
- An ability to analyse and report on Financials.
- A commercial outlook when considering proposals.
- An in-depth understanding of the security against which we are being asked to provide funding.
- An ability to structure a proposal into a deal acceptable to all parties.
- An understanding of contracts and their ability to impact on the collectability of debt.
- The candidate must have good accuracy / administration and numeracy skills, be personable, professional, reliable and confident in their own ability. Ideally coming from a financial / asset finance background with an eagerness to learn.
- Have a good general understanding of each facility type to mitigate any areas of concern that may arise for the full process from underwrite to becoming a live client and through to ongoing account working.
- To maintain top levels of service to clients at all times on an on-going basis.
- To perform any other duties as may be required by the Company from time to time.
Apply for this role
Send your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment team via email todayApply for this role
*If you send us your CV but your application is unsuccessful, you consent to us keeping a copy of your CV on our records for 6 months. This is so that we can consider you should another role become available which we feel may be suitable for you. Your CV will be permanently deleted after 6 months. If you would rather we did not do this then please do let us know when you submit your CV to us.