The HR team is based at our Bristol office and provides assistance to employees across the country. As HR Administrator you will be expected to provide administrative support in respect of recruitment, employee relations and maintenance of employee records, as well as being the first point of contact for enquiries.
As well as administrative support, you will be expected to contribute to continuous improvement projects across the business such as Equality and Diversity and our Learning and Development initiatives. You will also be expected to ensure our core values of Decency, Enterprise and Brilliance are met at all times.
- Producing and collating regular and ad hoc reports for multiple departments across the business. This will include keeping relevant people up to date with notable changes and employee news.
- Overall responsibility for recruitment including advertisement, CV screening, coordinating with line managers, arranging interviews and liaising with third parties where necessary.
- Maintenance of the HR database (SelectHR), updating records when needed and adding new employees.
- Responsibility for conducting inductions and retention interviews with new employees.
- Issuing of letters including, but not limited to, references, probation, maternity, leavers etc.
- Assisting the HR Assistant with the monthly payroll, adding changes and uploading of relevant information for the current month.
- Responsible for issuing long service letters, awards and gift cards ensuring there is always enough stock.
- Answering employee queries received via the HR mailbox in a timely manner.
- Processing of leavers including conducting exit interviews.
- General administrative support provided to the team including filing, archiving and keeping personnel records up to date.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with company car user data, ensuring the external provider has up to date information on usage and allocation.
- Continuous improvement of processes within the department.
- Uploading documents to the LMS and producing reports to track the completion of mandatory training.
- Participating in the delivery of group wide training but also holding bitesize training sessions in particular subject areas.
Characteristics & Behaviours
The key behaviours required for this role are:
- Strong communicator verbally and written
- Ability to problem solve
- Team player
- Committed & confident
- Values driven
- Highly organised
- Customer focussed & people centric
Key skills and knowledge
- Strong administration skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to pull together data and provide analysis
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Competent with the complete Microsoft Office suite of products particularly Excel
- Very high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Experience with recruitment (either agency or in-house) is desirable
- Basic understanding of employment law is desirable
Apply for this role
Send your CV and cover letter to our Recruitment team via email todayApply for this role
*If you send us your CV but your application is unsuccessful, you consent to us keeping a copy of your CV on our records for 6 months. This is so that we can consider you should another role become available which we feel may be suitable for you. Your CV will be permanently deleted after 6 months. If you would rather we did not do this then please do let us know when you submit your CV to us.