We are looking for a Collections Specialist to join our team in Bristol.
We are looking for a Collections Specialist to perform all aspects of collections and recoveries for accounts held within the recoveries portfolio.
This will include verbal and written collection activity, providing supporting documentation, identifying and managing disputes, the preparation of any legal documents including LBA’s, pre-action protocol letters and Statutory Demands if required. You will be required to liaise with several different parties including, but not limited to the Client, Debtors, Client Managers, Solicitors, IP’s and the Recoveries Manager.
You will be reporting directly to the Recoveries Manager as required on all aspects of the collection activity on the portfolio.
To ensure that the maximum possible return is achieved in any collect out scenario. This will include the following:
- Ensuring that all debtors/clients are chased efficiently and effectively
- To focus on key debtors/clients which should ensure the maximum funds are received whilst adhering to the principles of TCF
- To maintain an efficient follow-up system, accessible by other staff, and to maintain full and proper notes on debtor/client accounts and to action follow ups in a timely manner
- To raise LBA’s where required and to engage in further litigation if deemed necessary by the Recoveries Manager
- To provide regular feedback reports to the Client Manager and Recoveries Manager
- To provide information and liaise with the IP appointed where applicable
- To ensure that you follow the correct recoveries procedure and adhere to the appropriate protocol at all times to ensure that any potential legal action is not jeopardised
- To ensure that any business opportunities are recognised, and company scripts are followed to maximise new business potential.
Key Skills and Attributes:
- Experience of Collections & Recoveries in a Secured / Unsecured Portfolio environment.
- Experience of credit control in accounts with high outstanding arrears
- Experience of resolving disputes in a fair and timely manner
- Demonstrable influencing and negotiation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organised with a methodical approach.
- Understanding of Collections Management and Arrears processes, systems and practices along with commercial, financial and legislative requirements and issues affecting the wider financial industry.
Job posted: 07 December 2018